The National Apprenticeship Service is providing up to 40,000 Apprenticeship Grants to employers recruiting 16 to 24 year olds with a value of £1,500, to encourage businesses to take on a new apprentice.
Is your company eligible?
Businesses with up to 1,000 employees who are interested in employing an apprentice for the first time, or who have not previously employed an apprentice within the last 12 months ago are eligible.
As the Employer you will be required to sign declaration which:
- Confirms the number of apprentices you will be taking on as a result of this incentive (to a maximum of 10)
- Confirm that you wouldn't have taken the apprentice on without this additional incentive
- Commit to employing the apprentice for at least the time it takes to achieve the Apprenticeship framework. If you fail to do this some or all the grant will be clawed back
- Confirm that you are aware of and do not breach any state aid rules
- Agree to pay the minimum Apprenticeship wage of £2.65 per hour – although most apprentices receive more than this
- Confirm that the company has not taken on an apprentice in the previous 12 months
As the employer you are able to receive the full grant of £1,500, 13 weeks after the Apprentice starts.
Understanding the employer contribution
16-18 year olds
Full Government funding is available for training 16-18 year old apprentices
19 year olds and over
Funding is available for people over the age of 19, but is dependent on their existing qualifications and the courses and qualifications applied for. An employer contribution maybe required.
ATG Training recognises the need to assist business in their recruitment and training of apprentices, so we offer a flexible range of payment plans to manage the cost of the employer contribution. To ensure our business partners are able to recruit at 19+ Advanced Apprentices level, the cost of the training may be spread over six months (subject to approval).