Business Improvement Techniques
Business Improvement Techniques are the ideal qualifications to ensure that your workforce has the skills and knowledge to improve business performance, win more contracts, maximise company profits and revenue, reduce costs and waste and reduce workplace accidents. Providing your employees with this training can boost morale and motivation as well as helping you demonstrate the quality of your workforce to both existing and potential customers.
Business Improvement Techniques qualifications have no specific entry requirements or age restrictions, but are designed to sit alongside existing qualifications or those that are currently being studied.
This NVQ Level 2 in Business Improvement Techniques empowers learners and provides them with the competencies they need to play their part in improving the performance of your business. All candidates will study five mandatory assessment routes:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Contributing to effective team working
- Applying workplace organisation techniques
- Applying continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen)
- Creating visual management systems.
An additional optional assessment route is also chosen from:
- Analysing and selecting parts for improvements
- Applying set-up reduction techniques
- Applying Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Applying problem solving techniques
- Applying flow process analysis
- Carrying out potential Failure Modes and Effects
- Analysis (FMEA)
- Carrying out Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Carrying out mistake/error proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Creating standard operating procedures.