Cytech One Practical Cycle Course
Would you like your shop floor staff to have the flexibility to help out when the workshop is overrun with repairs?
Would you like your staff to have some basic mechanical skills combined with customer service skills to enable them to competently book in repair work?
The Cytech One Practical qualification is designed as the logical progression from Cytech One Theory (Cytech Technical One Theory certificate of achievement).
Just as important as having a good level of mechanical ability though, is that each member of staff has a good grasp of customer service within the retail environment to help you ensure your customer has the most positive experience possible.
ATG Training have many years experience in taking individuals of all skill levels and tailoring the training delivery and environment to suit. It will give the leaner a comprehensive grounding in what is required to excel in the cycle trade and inspire them to develop their skills further.
The course will consist of classroom and workshop tuition followed by a practical assessment of the knowledge gained in the cycle workshop.
- Health and Safety in the workshop and relevant legislations
- Comprehensive knowledge of British Standards relating to the sale of new bicycles
- Customer service skills
- Importance of communication in the workshop
- Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI)
- Paperwork and record keeping
- Anatomy of the bike
- Workshop practices, engineering principles and practices.
- An understanding of the different standard types of headsets.
- Practical experience in working and setting up gears.
- Practical experience in setting up and adjusting brakes.
- Basic adjustments and setup of a cycle.
Qualification and certification level
Cytech One Practical is an industry recognised qualification in it’s own right but it is worth noting is that it can be used as a module towards a more advanced Cytech Technical Two qualification by the completion of a further 8 days training.
Considering further skills development now?
If you are considering further developing your skills to the Cytech Two at a future time, it is worth considering undertaking that course now, as Cytech Two 10 day course, includes all the elements of Cytech One and it is more economical than booking the two courses independently.