Are you looking for an advanced full-time engineering course, offering a pathway into a number of exciting engineering fields?
Our brand-new Engineering for Modern Industry Level 3 qualification will equip you with a variety of engineering skills and experiences, as well as excellent future progression opportunities via apprenticeships, further education, higher education or employment.
Delivered at our modern, 33,000 square-foot training centre in Aylesbury – filled with state-of-the-art electronics equipment and machining facilities – this course provides an advanced learning experience for engineers of the future.
Once you have completed the course, you will have gained:
• A BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Engineering
• A further engineering mathematics qualification
• 30 hours of relevant, engineering-specific work experience
• A range of additional ‘soft skills’ through an enrichment programme
Specific skills developed during the course will include:
• Interpreting and using advanced engineering information
• Understanding engineering materials and maintenance
• Discovering advanced computer-aided engineering
• Understanding advanced electrical circuit design and construction
• Understanding advanced electrical and mechanical science for engineering
• Advanced engineering design
• Advanced engineering assembly
• Understanding vehicle electrical systems
• Discovering sustainable vehicle power and structure design
As part of the course, you will take part in 30 hours of high-quality work experience – placed with one of our many industry partners, working within the engineering sector.
The following progression opportunities will potentially be open to you upon completion of this course:
• An advanced engineering apprenticeship (Level 3)
• An extended engineering diploma (Level 3)
• A range of Level 4 engineering courses
• Full employment within the engineering sector
• Higher education engineering qualifications
September 2018 (specific start date to be confirmed) to July 2019
The course will be delivered at our Future Centre in Aylesbury – see our location below:
Course entry criteria:
To be considered for this course, you should meet the following criteria:
• 5 A to C grades at GCSE level (to include maths, English and a science)
(If you do not / are not expected to meet the course entry criteria, please ensure this is stated in the below registration form – we are initially very happy to speak with all enquiries).
If you are interested in signing-up to this course, please register your interest using the below form – and we will contact you in due course with full course details:
Fill in the form below and we will call you back!