Looking to take your first steps into an exciting engineering and robotics career? Our brand-new Engineering for Modern Industry Level 2 course could be the answer you are looking for.
Delivered at our modern, 33,000 square-foot training centre in Aylesbury – filled with state-of-the-art electronics equipment and excellent machining facilities – this course provides you with a learning experience that is second to none, giving you the skills to progress across a number of areas within the engineering sector.
This will be a brand-new course – delivered by ATG Training’s experienced education team – and offers excellent progression opportunities via apprenticeships, further education, higher education or employment.
Once you have completed the course, you will have gained:
• BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering
• A GCSE Maths qualification
• A GCSE English qualification
• 30 hours of relevant, engineering-specific work experience
• A range of skills to enhance Microsoft Office competency
• A range of additional ‘soft skills’ through an enrichment programme
Specific skills developed during the course will include:
• Interpreting and using engineering information
• Understanding engineering materials and maintenance
• Discovering computer-aided engineering
• Understanding electrical circuit design and construction
• Understanding electrical and mechanical science for engineering
• Engineering design
• Engineering assembly
• Understanding vehicle electrical systems
• Discovering sustainable vehicle power and structure design
As part of the course, you will take part in 30 hours of high-quality work experience – placed with one of our many industry partners, working within the engineering sector.
The following progression opportunities will potentially be open to you upon completion of this course:
• Engineering for Modern Industry – Level 3 course
• Engineering apprenticeships – Level 3
• Full employment within the engineering sector
• Higher education engineering qualifications
September 2017 (specific start date to be confirmed) to July 2018
The course will be delivered at our Future Centre in Aylesbury – see our location below:
Course entry criteria:
To be considered for this course, you should meet the following criteria:
• 4 Ds and above at GCSE level (to include maths, English and a science)
(If you do not / are not expected to meet the course entry criteria, please ensure this is stated in the below registration form – we are initially very happy to speak with all enquiries).
If you are interested in signing-up to this course, please register your interest using the below form – and we will contact you in due course with full course details:
Fill in the form below and we will call you back!